Sunday, April 19, 2009

Moved In (sort of)

Nina and I officially moved into a completed bedroom on Wednesday. The plumbing fixtures, along with the all-important toilet, were installed on Monday. The floors were installed on Wednesday - so we wasted no time. It's still very much a construction zone around us, but everyday the upstairs gets calmer - and we've enjoyed our weekend. Yesterday we had some help from Nina's family and we got much of the front yard cleaned up. So now I've got an enormous pile of gargage in the front yard, and a supersized pile of garbage in the backyard that we will have hauled away this week. It's all good news.

As far as the adoption front goes, I'm losing a little patience with our case worker. I just expect a little followup from emails and phone calls - I don't ask for much, but responsiveness is pretty high on my list. We also have one document that we are still chasing; sadly, the on-line request that I submitted about six weeks ago has still yet to find it's way to us, so I think the only real answer is to spend a painful day in Los Angeles at the County Hall of Archives. I hope it's nothing like my last trip to the courthouse for documents, but my expectations are considerably lower since it's the "hall of archives".

Look at us - I'm complaining about normal, trivial things in the grand scheme of life.

We miss Eden so much. Spending the first couple of nights in the house seemed hollow - someone was definitely missing. We're picking out some of our favorite photos to frame. Eden is still a very big part of our lives.

Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment